Monday, January 21, 2013

Staying Faithful During Hard Times

When stress hits hardest it's easy to break down while dieting, but staying strong and eating right can actually help you through it easier. During times off loss it's easy to try to fill the gap with junk food and in some cases drinking excessive amounts. Though it is very hard to do, stick it out with fruits, relaxing teas, and lots of walking.
This past week was a tough one with stress from work on top of my best friend losing her mother. Though I felt like saying 'To hell with my diet!' I remained strong and focused on healthy foods that would help relieve the stress. When I'm particularly feeling down I lean towards floral or mint teas even a splash of cinnamon in a skinny latte is a nice boost(but don't have too much). When I'm upset I tend to crave sweets so having fresh fruit helps me to counter those cravings.
Walking is probably the best thing to so when facing hard times. Taking a nice walk can ease your mind as well as burn off calories (especially if you ate your feelings). This also works well when I'm angry, I can power walk to burn off steam and by the time I get back I've exhausted all my frustrated energy.
Even though changing habits is hard, the more you remind yourself and reward your good behavior, the more likely you'll reach your goal. With that in mind I'm down 3 pounds and a half inch around my waist

No comments:

Post a Comment