Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Plan

I'm sure everyone gets to that point in their life where they want to make a big change. Maybe it's when you come to the point of realization that 'I'm almost 30!' or in my case 'I'm almost 30! Crap! what have I been doing?!'. That thought first hit me in January 2012. Now a year, marriage, and a baby boy later my exclamation points keep growing. So the billion excuses aside for why I'm a professional procrastinator, I've got to do something about my life! (this however implies small gradual changes because let's face it  a professional procrastinator doesn't change over night.)

Getting down to it I've got a mile long bucket list that's certainly not getting any shorter. So taking out my sharpie I plan to cross off the biggest items first... that would be a grand idea but it's not going to happen without some small steps first. So the plan is to start small. My first BIG goal is very common as I would like to not drop or shed but SHOVEL off the weight I've had for too many years (plus the added love handles my recent pregnancy gifted.)

The problem about starting any kind of a diet is keeping it and if you're like me that's not going to happen easily. My theory on my failures is of course lack of self-motivation and thinking I've already failed so i'll give up entirely. With that in mind if i'm going to diet it has to be forgiving. So I will eat a occasional piece of chocolate as long as I exercise in equal proportion. This by no means allows me to eat fast food or down a gallon of ice cream.

So here's my plan to accomplish my goal:
-I'll start by getting rid of the foods I tend to cave on.
-I'll buy healthy foods I love (and A LOT of them)
-I will train myself to eat well by preparing meals as best i can which will save time and money.
-and the hardest of all is I will fit in exercise. maybe a walk after lunch or playing an on demand fitness video, but some kind of exercise.

So... at 256lbs and a 49" waist I've got a lot to lose. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment